Jump to Main Content
- Keshtgar, Behrooz; Alizadeh-Choobari, Omid; Irannejad, Parviz
- Climate dynamics 2020 v.54 no.7-8 pp. 3627-3639
- data collection; energy balance; energy flow; monsoon season; seasonal variation; tropics; Indian Ocean
- ... The climate of tropical regions is significantly affected by migration of the intertropical convergence zone (ITCZ) whose location can be understood based on an energetic perspective. The ITCZ location depends on the cross-equatorial atmospheric energy transport (AET) and the equatorial net energy input ([Formula: see text]). Using ERA-Interim dataset for the period 1980–2018, the ITCZ location ov ...
- Lin, Zhongxi; Dong, Buwen; Wen, Zhiping
- Climate dynamics 2020 v.54 no.7-8 pp. 3339-3354
- El Nino; aerosols; anthropogenic activities; atmospheric circulation; climate; climate models; convection; emissions; greenhouse gases; monsoon season; summer; surface water temperature; Asia; Indian Ocean; South China Sea
- ... Analysis of observational precipitation indicates that in last few decades, the precipitation in boreal summer (June–August) over the South China Sea (SCS) exhibited an interdecadal variation, characterized by a decrease of 0.59 mm/day from the period 1964–1981 to the period 1994–2011. Accompanied this decrease in precipitation is weakened monsoon circulation featured by an anti-cyclonic circulati ...