Jump to Main Content
- Kim, Hye-Mi; Zhou, Yang; Alexander, Michael A.
- Climate dynamics 2019 v.52 no.12 pp. 7375-7388
- Southwestern United States, etc ; El Nino; La Nina; climate; coasts; moisture diffusivity; rivers; thermodynamics; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... The year-to-year changes in atmospheric rivers (ARs) and moisture transport over the northeast Pacific and western North America are investigated during December to February (DJF) from 1979/80 to 2015/16. Changes in AR frequency, intensity, and landfall characteristics are compared between three ENSO phases: central Pacific El Niño (CPEN), eastern Pacific El Niño (EPEN), and La Niña (NINA). During ...
- Wang, Lei; Robertson, Andrew W.
- Climate dynamics 2019 v.52 no.9-10 pp. 5861-5875
- Southwestern United States, etc ; El Nino; North Atlantic Oscillation; climate; models; monsoon season; prediction; seasonal variation; spring; summer; surface temperature; winter; Arctic region; California; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The subseasonal predictability of surface temperature and precipitation is examined using two global ensemble prediction systems (ECMWF VarEPS and NCEP CFSv2), with an emphasis on the week 3–4 lead (i.e. 15–28 days ahead) fortnight-average anomaly correlation skill over the United States, in each calendar season. Although the ECMWF system exhibits slightly higher skill for both temperature and pre ...