Jump to Main Content
- Sitnov, S. A.
- Climate dynamics 2009 v.32 no.1 pp. 1-17
- correlation; data collection; latitude; ozone; stratosphere; surface temperature; time series analysis; tropopause; wind; Arctic region; Canada; Europe; Japan
- ... Using the longest and most reliable ozonesonde data sets grouped for four regions (Japan, Europe, as well as temperate and polar latitudes of Canada) the comparative analysis of regional responses of ozone, temperature, horizontal wind, tropopause and surface pressure on the equatorial quasi-biennial oscillation (QBO effects), manifesting in opposite phases of the 11-year solar cycle (11-yr SC) wa ...
- Ballester, J.; Douville, H.; Chauvin, F.
- Climate dynamics 2009 v.32 no.1 pp. 35-54
- climate models; cold; drying; global warming; summer; surface temperature; Europe
- ... The impact of global warming on the warmest and coldest days of the annual cycle is explored according to an A2 scenario simulated by the CNRM-CM3 climate model in the framework of the IPCC AR4 intercomparison. Given the multi-model spread in IPCC projections, a validation strategy is proposed using the NCEP/NCAR reanalysis. Validation of the late twentieth century model climatology shows that war ...