Jump to Main Content
- Barnett, David N.; Brown, Simon J.; Murphy, James M.; Sexton, David M. H.; Webb, Mark J.
- Climate dynamics 2006 v.26 no.5 pp. 489-511
- General Circulation Models; air temperature; carbon dioxide; climate; normal distribution; prediction; uncertainty; variance; weather; wet season
- ... We discuss equilibrium changes in daily extreme surface air temperature and precipitation events in response to doubled atmospheric CO₂, simulated in an ensemble of 53 versions of HadSM3, consisting of the HadAM3 atmospheric general circulation model (GCM) coupled to a mixed layer ocean. By virtue of its size and design, the ensemble, which samples uncertainty arising from the parameterisation of ...
- Byrkjedal, Øyvind; Kvamstø, Nils Gunnar; Meland, Marius; Jansen, Eystein
- Climate dynamics 2006 v.26 no.5 pp. 473-487
- General Circulation Models; climate; ice; icebergs; latitude; sea level; summer; surface temperature; troposphere; winter; Arctic region
- ... Published reconstructions of last glacial maximum (LGM) sea surface temperatures and sea ice extent differ significantly. We here test the sensitivity of simulated North Atlantic climates to two different reconstructions by using these reconstructions as boundary conditions for model experiments. An atmospheric general circulation model has been used to perform two simulations of the (LGM) and a m ...