Jump to Main Content
- Guilyardi, Eric
- Climate dynamics 2006 v.26 no.4 pp. 329-348
- carbon dioxide, etc ; climate; energy; greenhouse gases; models; seasonal variation; trade cycles; trade winds; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... The modelled El Niño-mean state-seasonal cycle interactions in 23 coupled ocean-atmosphere GCMs, including the recent IPCC AR4 models, are assessed and compared to observations and theory. The models show a clear improvement over previous generations in simulating the tropical Pacific climatology. Systematic biases still include too strong mean and seasonal cycle of trade winds. El Niño amplitude ...
- Kubatzki, Claudia; Claussen, Martin; Calov, Reinhard; Ganopolski, Andrey
- Climate dynamics 2006 v.27 no.4 pp. 333-344
- carbon dioxide, etc ; climate; ice; models; solar radiation; vegetation; Greenland; North America; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... We investigate the sensitivity of simulations of the last glacial inception (LGI) with respect to initial (size of the Greenland ice sheet) and surface (state of ocean/vegetation) conditions and two different CO₂ reconstructions. Utilizing the CLIMBER-2 Earth system model, we obtain the following results: (a) ice-sheet expansion in North America at the end of the Eemian can be reduced or even comp ...