Jump to Main Content
- Karlsson-Vinkhuyzen, Sylvia I.; Groff, Maja; Tamás, Peter A.; Dahl, Arthur L.; Harder, Marie; Hassall, Graham
- Climate policy 2018 v.18 no.5 pp. 593-599
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change; accountability; climate change; issues and policy
- ... The entry into force of the Paris Agreement on climate change brings expectations that states will be held to account for their commitments. The article elaborates on why this is not a realistic assumption unless a broader multilevel perspective is taken on the nature of accountability regimes for international (legal) agreements. The formal accountability mechanisms of such agreements tend to be ...
- Bakhtiari, Fatemeh
- Climate policy 2018 v.18 no.5 pp. 655-663
- United Nations Environment Programme; United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change; accountability; climate change; cost effectiveness; greenhouse gas emissions; issues and policy; monitoring
- ... International cooperative initiatives (ICIs) are multi-country, multi-actor non-state actions that have the potential to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases. The article summarizes the literature on estimates of emission reduction potentials attributed to ICIs. This summary highlights three key issues: there is a plethora of uncoordinated initiatives, often lacking specific, time-bound goals; to ...