Jump to Main Content
- Linde, Stefan
- Climate policy 2018 v.18 no.5 pp. 543-555
- climate; climate change; environmental policy; imports; longevity; politics; public opinion; public policy; surveys; Australia; New Zealand; Norway; Sweden
- ... Understanding under what conditions individuals are willing to support policies aimed at mitigating climate change has important consequences for the legitimacy, costs, effectiveness, and longevity of any policy alternative. Given the politicized nature of climate change, one factor that has been found to be important in explaining public support is partisan political communication. It has, for ex ...
- Evensen, Darrick; Brown-Steiner, Benjamin
- Climate policy 2018 v.18 no.5 pp. 556-567
- carbon; carbon dioxide; climate; climate change; coal; emissions; energy; energy costs; global warming potential; hydraulic fracturing; infrastructure; issues and policy; methane; public opinion; quality of life; shale; shale gas; surveys; New York; Pennsylvania
- ... ‘Fracking’, or unconventional gas development via hydraulic fracturing (hereafter ‘UGD’), has been closely tied to global climate change in academic discourse. Researchers have debated the life cycle emissions of shale gas versus coal, rates of methane leakage from wellhead production and transmission infrastructure, the extent to which coal would be displaced by gas as a source of energy, the app ...