Jump to Main Content
- Amare, Abayineh; Simane, Belay; Nyangaga, Julius; Defisa, Akalu; Hamza, Dereje; Gurmessa, Biriki
- Climate risk management 2019 v.25 pp. 100191
- insurance; livestock insurance, etc ; agropastoralism; chi-square distribution; climate; climate change; credit; descriptive statistics; drought; focus groups; household surveys; households; interviews; livestock; logit analysis; mortality; risk; risk management; standard deviation; t-test; Ethiopia; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Index-based livestock insurance has been introduced in Borena zone of southern Ethiopia by the International Livestock Research Institute working in partnership with Oromia Insurance Company and humanitarian agencies since 2012 as an instrument to help protect pastoralists’ herders against drought related mortality of livestock. Despite the some positive success to the concerted efforts, the conti ...
- Gebrekidan, Tnsue; Guo, Yixin; Bi, Sheng; Wang, Jing; Zhang, Chi; Wang, Jimin; Lyu, Kaiyu
- Climate risk management 2019 v.23 pp. 67-77
- livestock insurance, etc ; assets; climate; economic development; fearfulness; herding; households; livestock; models; psychological stress; risk; risk management; weather; Ethiopia; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... When weather shocks strike in agrarian economies, households may often utilize offtake of their productive livestock as a major risk coping strategy. However, a distressful asset offtake could lead to difficulties in recovering after the shock; consequently, the macro economy of a subsistence agriculture-dependent country could remain slow for an extended period. In this paper, we analysed the eff ...