Jump to Main Content
- Clarkson, Graham; Dorward, Peter; Osbahr, Henny; Torgbor, Francis; Kankam-Boadu, Isaac
- Climate services 2019 v.14 pp. 1-14
- case studies; climate; climate change; decision support systems; farmers; farms; food security; households; income; interviews; livelihood; models; surveys; volunteers; Ghana; Rwanda
- ... Participatory Integrated Climate Services for Agriculture (PICSA) is an approach that has been used to date in 20 countries and benefited tens of thousands of households including over 5000 in Northern Ghana and 75,000 in Rwanda. PICSA involves trained field staff or community volunteers working with groups of farmers and includes farmers: using both historical climate information and forecasts; e ...
- Spear, Dian; Selato, Janet C.; Mosime, Bonolo; Nyamwanza, Admire M.
- Climate services 2019 v.14 pp. 31-36
- climate change; farmers; farmers' attitudes; information systems; interviews; prediction; semiarid zones; social behavior; uncertainty; weather forecasting; Botswana
- ... Farmers in semi-arid regions have historically coped using long established practices such as place-based climate forecasting using observations. However, this is becoming less reliable with climatic changes. Meteorological forecasting based on numerical prediction provides an alternative that is also now widely available to enable adaptation. However, this climate information has constraints incl ...