Jump to Main Content
- Shrestha, Uttam Babu; Shrestha, Asheshwor Man; Aryal, Suman; Shrestha, Sujata; Gautam, Madhu Sudan; Ojha, Hemant
- Climatic change 2019 v.154 no.3-4 pp. 315-334
- atmospheric precipitation; climate change; climatic factors; data collection; issues and policy; meteorological data; perceptions (cognitive); public opinion; risk; temperature; Himalayan region; Nepal
- ... Despite broad scientific consensus on climate change, public views may not always correspond with scientific findings. Understanding public perceptions of climate change is thus crucial to both identifying problems and delivering solutions. Investigations of climate change that integrate instrumental records and people’s perceptions in the Himalayas are scarce and fragmentary compared to other reg ...
- Henseler, Martin; Schumacher, Ingmar
- Climatic change 2019 v.154 no.3-4 pp. 417-433
- capital; climate change; data collection; economic development; employment; production economics; temperature; weather
- ... We investigate the influence of weather on countries’ GDP and their main components of production, namely total factor productivity, capital stock, and employment. Our panel dataset includes annual observations on 103 countries for the period 1961–2010. We find that the main impacts of weather occur through temperature and drive the growth in GDP. Our results show that, for higher levels of temper ...