Jump to Main Content
- Karmalkar, Ambarish V.; Thibeault, Jeanne M.; Bryan, Alexander M.; Seth, Anji
- Climatic change 2019 v.154 no.3-4 pp. 367-386
- atmospheric circulation; climate; climate change; climate models; meteorological data; model uncertainty; model validation; risk assessment; summer; temperature; Northeastern United States
- ... Climate data obtained from global climate models (GCMs) form the basis of most studies of regional climate change and its impacts. Using the northeastern U.S. as a test case, we develop a framework to systematically sub-select reliable models for use in climate change studies in the region. Model performance over the historical period is evaluated first for a wide variety of standard and process m ...
- Cellini, Roberto; Cuccia, Tiziana
- Climatic change 2019 v.154 no.3-4 pp. 511-527
- case studies; ceramics; climate change; rain; summer; temperature; tourism; Italy; Sicily
- ... This paper evaluates whether and how weather conditions affect museum attendance. As a case study, we examine the daily attendance at the Museo Regionale della Ceramica (Regional Museum of Ceramics) in Caltagirone, Sicily (Italy), over the period starting from 1 January 2008 to 31 December 2016. In addition to the daily and monthly fixed effects and the influence of tourism, which are investigated ...