Jump to Main Content
- Amnuaylojaroen, Teerachai; Chanvichit, Pavinee
- Climatic change 2019 v.155 no.2 pp. 175-193
- atmospheric precipitation; climate; climate change; climate models; crops; drought; irrigated farming; prediction; risk; temperature; wet season; South East Asia
- ... In order to plan for agricultural irrigation, the drought risk and amount of water needed for crops must be well studied. In this work, we apply the Standard Precipitation Index (SPI) and Crop Water Need (CWN) using input data from a fine-resolution Nested Regional Climate Model (NRCM) to assess the risk of future agricultural drought in Mainland Southeast Asia from 2020 to 2029. The NRCM was perf ...
- Shrestha, Uttam Babu; Shrestha, Asheshwor Man; Aryal, Suman; Shrestha, Sujata; Gautam, Madhu Sudan; Ojha, Hemant
- Climatic change 2019 v.154 no.3-4 pp. 315-334
- atmospheric precipitation; climate change; climatic factors; data collection; issues and policy; meteorological data; perceptions (cognitive); public opinion; risk; temperature; Himalayan region; Nepal
- ... Despite broad scientific consensus on climate change, public views may not always correspond with scientific findings. Understanding public perceptions of climate change is thus crucial to both identifying problems and delivering solutions. Investigations of climate change that integrate instrumental records and people’s perceptions in the Himalayas are scarce and fragmentary compared to other reg ...