Jump to Main Content
- Gauchat, Gordon; O’Brien, Timothy; Mirosa, Oriol
- Climatic change 2017 v.143 no.3-4 pp. 297-306
- scientists, etc ; climate change; environmental policy; humans; models; news media; public opinion; society; surveys; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Previous research has examined public perceptions of climate change, including opinions about the severity of its effects, whether it is human caused, the degree of its exaggeration in the news media, and the level of scientific consensus on the issue. This research has shown that public beliefs about each of these aspects of climate change are politically charged. What remains understudied are th ...
- Rasmussen, Laura Vang; Kirchhoff, Christine J.; Lemos, Maria Carmen
- Climatic change 2017 v.140 no.3-4 pp. 451-465
- scientists, etc ; climate; climate change; decision making; managers; watersheds; Great Lakes; Great Lakes region; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... While there has been considerable focus on understanding barriers to climate information use associated with the character of climate knowledge, individuals’ negative perception of its usability and constraints of decision-contexts, less attention has been paid to understanding how different scales of decision-making influence information use. In this study, we explore how water and resource manag ...