Jump to Main Content
- Maggio, Marcello, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Clinical nutrition 2019 v.38 no.6 pp. 2684-2689
- dysphagia; elderly; exercise test; females; malnutrition; models; nutrition assessment; physical activity; pneumonia; regression analysis; risk factors; screening
- ... Oropharyngeal dysphagia (OD) is a widespread clinical condition among older adults. Although it represents a risk factor for malnutrition, dehydration and aspiration pneumonia, its assessment and contribution to functional decline is often ignored. The aim of the present study was to estimate the prevalence of OD in a large population of non-institutionalized older people and to evaluate its relat ...
- Maggio, Marcello, et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Clinical nutrition 2019 v.38 no.1 pp. 10-47
- at-risk population; beverages; clinical nutrition; diet counseling; dietary restriction; dietary supplements; disease course; education; elderly; enteral feeding; exercise; guidelines; malnutrition; nutritional status; obesity; patients; prognosis; quality of life; systematic review; weight loss
- ... Malnutrition and dehydration are widespread in older people, and obesity is an increasing problem. In clinical practice, it is often unclear which strategies are suitable and effective in counteracting these key health threats.To provide evidence-based recommendations for clinical nutrition and hydration in older persons in order to prevent and/or treat malnutrition and dehydration. Further, to ad ...