Jump to Main Content
- Maggi, Stefania, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Clinical nutrition 2017
- Mediterranean diet; body mass index; cohort studies; education; energy intake; females; income; osteoarthritis; physical activity; poultry; risk; weight loss; North America
- ... There is a paucity of data investigating the relationship between the Mediterranean diet and frailty, with no data among North American people. We aimed to investigate if adherence to a Mediterranean diet is associated with a lower incidence of frailty in a large cohort of North American people.This study included subjects at higher risk or having knee osteoarthritis. Adherence to the Mediterranea ...
- Maggi, Stefania, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Clinical nutrition 2017 v.36 no.6 pp. 1609-1614
- Mediterranean diet; confidence interval; females; grains; odds ratio; osteoarthritis; regression analysis
- ... The Mediterranean diet appears to be beneficial for several medical conditions, but data regarding osteoarthritis (OA) are not available. The aim of this study was to investigate if adherence to the Mediterranean diet is associated with a lower prevalence of OA of the knee in a large cohort from North America.4358 community-dwelling participants (2527 females; mean age: 61.2 years) from the Osteoa ...