Jump to Main Content
- Pi, Xin; Wei, Yihui; Li, Zhiwen; Jin, Lei; Liu, Jufen; Zhang, Yali; Wang, Linlin; Ren, Aiguo
- Clinical nutrition 2019 v.38 no.5 pp. 2442-2448
- animal tissues; atomic absorption spectrometry; case-control studies; cobalt; confidence interval; infants; interviews; manganese; molybdenum; mothers; nickel; odds ratio; placenta; pregnancy; progeny; questionnaires; risk reduction; rural population; selenium; zinc; China
- ... Growing evidence suggests that essential trace element imbalance during pregnancy may contribute to fetal malformations, but the role of essential trace elements in the occurrence of orofacial clefts (OFCs) is unknown. We aimed to examine the association between concentrations of zinc (Zn), manganese (Mn), selenium (Se), cobalt (Co), molybdenum (Mo), and nickel (Ni) in placental tissues and the ri ...
- Lin, Tengfei; Song, Yun; Zhang, Xianglin; Guo, Huiyuan; Liu, Lishun; Zhou, Ziyi; Wang, Binyan; Tang, Genfu; Liu, Chengzhang; Yang, Yan; Ling, Wenhua; Yuan, Zhengqiang; Li, Jianping; Zhang, Yan; Huo, Yong; Wang, Xiaobin; Zhang, Hao; Qin, Xianhui; Xu, Xiping
- Clinical nutrition 2019 v.38 no.5 pp. 2381-2388
- adults; alcohols; case-control studies; experimental design; hypertension; neoplasms; odds ratio; patients; risk factors; stroke; vitamin E; China
- ... Evidence from epidemiologic studies on the association of circulating 25-hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH)D] concentrations with the incident risk of cancer has been inconsistent. We aimed to investigate the prospective relationship of baseline plasma 25(OH)D concentrations with the risk of cancer, and to examine possible effect modifiers.We employed a nested case–control study design, including 231 patien ...