Jump to Main Content
- Knox, Claire Connolly
- Coastal Management 2017 v.45 no.3 pp. 233-252
- coasts; disasters; ecosystems; land use planning; local government; wetlands; Louisiana
- ... As Louisiana continues to experience substantial coastal wetland loss—at the rate of a football field every 45 min—and multiple disasters, state and federal officials struggle with implementing restoration plans in this highly productive ecosystem. The 2007 Louisiana Comprehensive Master Plan for a Sustainable Coast is the first large-scale restoration plan in the United States to incorporate haza ...
- Ye, Guanqiong; Liu, Jie; Chou, Loke M.; Chee, Jacob; Zang, Chuxin
- Coastal Management 2017 v.45 no.3 pp. 219-232
- coasts; conservation areas; coral reefs; ecosystems; guidelines; models; monitoring; tourism; China
- ... Overexploitation of reef resources and increasing coastal tourism have severely damaged the health of coral reef ecosystems around Hainan Island, South China. Only some reef sites are protected, and the effectiveness of the marine protected areas (MPA) appears inadequate. Networks of MPAs have been widely proposed as a more effective tool for reef conservation. However, little is known about the o ...