Jump to Main Content
- Trueblood, Dwight; Almazán-Casali, Stefania; Arnott, James; Brass, Maeghan; Lemos, Maria Carmen; Matso, Kalle; Read, Jennifer; Vaccaro, Lynn; Wondolleck, Julia
- Coastal management 2019 v.47 no.3 pp. 337-346
- coastal zone management; coasts; estuaries; funding; problem solving; resource management
- ... Decades of research has generated new scientific understanding and technologies aimed at better managing environmental change in estuarine and coastal regions. Yet many across the communities of coastal and estuarine research, management, and funding believe that progress has been too slow in applying this research in practice. This essay reviews how the National Estuarine Research Reserve System’ ...
- Raub, Kristin B.; Cotti-Rausch, Bridget Elise
- Coastal management 2019 v.47 no.3 pp. 253-268
- climate change; coastal zone management; coasts; interviews; planning; resource management
- ... Adapting to changing coastlines is an unprecedented planning challenge as coastal hazards, including those associated with climate change, influence all areas of resource management. Tools have been developed to aid in understanding coastal hazards and to facilitate the planning and implementation of adaptation strategies. Through interviews with members of eight geographically distributed state C ...