Jump to Main Content
- Raub, Kristin B.; Cotti-Rausch, Bridget Elise
- Coastal management 2019 v.47 no.3 pp. 253-268
- climate change; coastal zone management; coasts; interviews; planning; resource management
- ... Adapting to changing coastlines is an unprecedented planning challenge as coastal hazards, including those associated with climate change, influence all areas of resource management. Tools have been developed to aid in understanding coastal hazards and to facilitate the planning and implementation of adaptation strategies. Through interviews with members of eight geographically distributed state C ...
- Ryan, Kendra; Bates, Alison; Gopnik, Morgan; Danylchuk, Andy; Jordaan, Adrian
- Coastal management 2019 v.47 no.3 pp. 269-291
- coastal zone management; environmental assessment; environmental impact; interviews; planning; stakeholders; uncertainty; United States
- ... The United States contributes only 0.2% of the 18,814 MW of global installed offshore wind capacity. Lack of development has been attributed in part to a cumbersome regulatory process that includes the evaluation of environmental impacts. Assessments are based on biological, social, and technical data that are often incomplete. Marine spatial planning (MSP) may help fill data gaps. We conducted se ...