Jump to Main Content
- Steiner, Erin, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Coastal management 2018 v.46 no.6 pp. 656-676
- coastal zone management; coasts; data collection; demersal fish; fisheries; income; job satisfaction; surveys
- ... Catch share programs can have far-reaching effects on coastal communities and the people that rely on fishing income, including crew members. Analysis of management actions affecting crew wages and well-being is often limited due to a dearth of available data. We examine crew-related outcomes during the first six years of the West Coast Groundfish Trawl Catch Share Program using two unique dataset ...
- Steiner, Erin, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Coastal management 2018 v.46 no.6 pp. 564-586
- Merluccius productus; coastal zone management; coasts; demersal fish; fisheries; harvesters; income; profitability; whiting
- ... The West Coast Groundfish Trawl Catch Share Program was designed to achieve multiple economic goals and objectives, including increasing net benefits, profitability, flexibility, and utilization of harvest allocations. In this article, we leverage seven years of comprehensive cost and earnings data to evaluate progress towards these goals with a focus on harvesters. Our assessment shows that five ...