Jump to Main Content
- Miastkowska, Małgorzata; Sikora, Elżbieta; Ogonowski, Jan; Zielina, Michał; Łudzik, Agnieszka
- Colloids and surfaces 2016 v.510 pp. 63-68
- sebum, etc ; Propionibacterium acnes; acne; adverse effects; ambient temperature; blood serum; cellulose; coconut oil; droplet size; drugs; keratinization; kinetics; light scattering; nanoemulsions; polysorbates; skin irritation; spectroscopy; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Acne is an inflammatory dermatosis caused by excessive production of sebum, abnormal follicular keratinization and Propionibacterium acnes. Isotretinoin is a retinoid, one of known topical delivered drugs, used in acne treatment because it normalizes the keratinization process. For greatest efficacy in dermatosis treatment, vehicles which enhance delivery of the active to the skin without reaching ...
- Jones, Siân; Rio, Emmanuelle; Cazeneuve, Colette; Nicolas-Morgantini, Luc; Restagno, Frédéric; Luengo, Gustavo S.
- Colloids and surfaces 2016 v.498 pp. 268-275
- sebum, etc ; air; cleaning; contact angle; foams; humans; hydrophobicity; lipids; micelles; silicon; surfactants; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... The interaction of surfactants in solution with hydrophobic materials is at the root of the process of detergency. Lipid containing micelles are formed in solution, and through water rinsing, these structures are washed out from the surface. The presence of air in the solution and the formation of foam add complexity to the system due to the increased proportion of water interfaces in contact with ...