Jump to Main Content
- Taarji, Noamane, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Colloids and surfaces 2020 v.591 pp. 124536
- Argania spinosa; droplet size; droplets; emulsifiers; emulsifying; emulsions; polyphenols; proteins; raw materials; saponins; soybean oil; surface tension; temperature
- ... This study evaluated the emulsifying performance of five aqueous-ethanolic argan shell (Argania spinosa L.) crude extracts. We aim to compare crude extracts originating from the same raw material to produce stable oil-in-water (O/W) emulsions. First, surface-active compounds (i.e. saponins, proteins, and polyphenols) were quantified and interfacial tension against soybean oil of the extracts was a ...
- Taarji, Noamane, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Colloids and surfaces 2020 v.585 pp. 124050
- adsorption; byproducts; droplet size; droplets; emulsifiers; emulsifying; emulsifying properties; emulsions; hydrophilicity; hydrophobicity; oils; polysorbates; proteins; saponins; surface tension
- ... In this study, we evaluated the performance of a mildly derived extract from argan by-products in microchannel emulsification (MCE). Our aim is to produce stable monodisperse O/W emulsions using this extract as a sole emulsifier. Preliminary investigations about the characteristics of argan extract indicated the potential interaction between surface-active components (i.e. saponins, proteins), in ...