Jump to Main Content
- Yin, Lizi, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Colloids and surfaces 2019 v.182 pp. 110323
- Staphylococcus aureus; antibacterial properties; antibiotic resistance; antibiotics; bacterial growth; biofilm; drugs; encapsulation; minimum inhibitory concentration; particle size; sulfates; zeta potential
- ... Staphylococcus aureus (S. aureus) has the propensity to form biofilms, which eventually cause antibiotic resistance and treatment failure. Cefquinome sulfate (CS) is an animal-specific antibacterial agent for S. aureus infection. In this work, CS cationic proliposomes (CSCPs) were prepared by solid-dispersion method combined with effervescent hydration to eradicate bacterial biofilm and improve th ...
- Yin, Lizi, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Colloids and surfaces 2018 v.163 pp. 125-132
- X-ray diffraction; bioavailability; coccidiosis; colloids; differential scanning calorimetry; drugs; mammals; micelles; particle size; pharmacokinetics; polyethylene; poultry; poultry diseases; scanning electron microscopy; sodium; solubility; surfactants; toltrazuril; transmission electron microscopy
- ... Toltrazuril (Tol) is a broad-spectrum anticoccidiosis drug that is widely used in the prevention and treatment of coccidiosis infection in poultry and mammals. However, the drug has poor aqueous solubility (25 °C, 0.41 μg/mL), and its dose escalation for systemic administration remains challenging. We engineered a Tol mixed nanomicelle (TMNM) delivery system based on sodium deoxycholate–Brij C20 p ...