Jump to Main Content
- Ceccone, Giacomo, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Colloids and surfaces 2019 v.178 pp. 120-128
- L-dopa; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; adhesion; atmospheric pressure; biosurfactants; catechol; chemical bonding; coatings; copolymerization; human serum albumin; mass spectrometry; moieties; polymethylmethacrylate; quartz crystal microbalance; quinones; staining; surface plasmon resonance; surfactant proteins; wastes; wettability
- ... The deposition of polymeric thin layers bearing reactive functional groups is a promising solution to provide functionality on otherwise inert surfaces, for instance, for bioconjugation purposes. Atmospheric pressure plasma (AP plasma) deposition technology offers many advantages, such as fast deposition rates, low costs, low waste generation and suitability for coating various kind of material su ...
- Ceccone, Giacomo, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Colloids and surfaces 2012 v.395 pp. 145-151
- colloids; ethers; ethylene glycol; microwave treatment; nanoparticles; nanowires; polyols; reducing agents; silver; silver nitrate
- ... In this paper, we report a novel, efficient and versatile process to produce high concentrations of silver nanoprisms, while controlling their size (prism height) and size dispersity, using a “modified polyol process” (microwave-assisted process). If the formation of silver spherical particles, nanocubes or nanowires has already been reported using the classical polyol process (reduction of AgNO₃ ...