Jump to Main Content
- Elrashidi, Moustafa; Wysocki, Douglas; Schoeneberger, Philip
- Communications in soil science and plant analysis 2016 v.47 no.22 pp. 2465-2478
- Conservation Reserve Program; aluminum; analysis of variance; arsenic; boron; bulk density; cadmium; carbon; cation exchange capacity; chromium; cobalt; conventional tillage; copper; electrical conductivity; grasses; heavy metals; iron; land use; lead; manganese; molybdenum; nickel; pH; plant micronutrients; silicon; soil minerals; soil quality; toxicity; water quality; zinc; Great Plains region; United States
- ... There is increasing interest in the current conditions of dynamic soil properties and element concentration in the US Great Plains as well as the nature and magnitude of change due to land use and management practices. The study was conducted on Pawnee soil, a major U.S. benchmark soil in the Great Plains. The objectives were to investigate the effects of four common land uses [NoTill (NT), Conven ...
- Brondi, Ariadne Missono; Daniel, Josiane Souza Pereira; Castro, Vitor Xavier Monteiro de; Bertoli, Alexandre Carvalho; Garcia, Jerusa Simone; Trevisan, Marcello Garcia
- Communications in soil science and plant analysis 2016 v.47 no.22 pp. 2506-2513
- atomic absorption spectrometry; carbon; carbon nitrogen ratio; composting; fulvic acids; iron; laws and regulations; liquid chromatography; nitrogen content; organic fertilizers; pathogens; peat; poultry manure; soil
- ... Humic substances are the main responsible for soil conditioning and are one of the major components of the composting product. However, there is still little information about their composition and mechanisms of activity. This study aimed to evaluate quantitatively the humic and fulvic fraction by size-exclusion liquid chromatography and the metal content by atomic absorption spectrometry. The chr ...