Jump to Main Content
- Chang, Chia-Hao; Zhou, Xiu-Wei; Wang, Yu-Chun; Lee, Tsung-Han
- Comparative biochemistry and physiology 2020 v.248 pp. 110744
- Chanos chanos; acclimation; anaerobiosis; blood; cold; ectothermy; enzyme activity; euryhaline species; freshwater; genes; glycolysis; lactate dehydrogenase; lactic acid; liver; mortality; muscles; pyruvic acid; salinity; seawater; temperature; weather; winter; South East Asia
- ... The milkfish Chanos chanos, an economically important cultured marine species in Southeast Asia, exhibits stenothermal and euryhaline characteristics and huge mortality usually occurs during extreme cold weather in winter. Under conditions beyond optimal temperatures, ectothermic species experience an increase in anaerobic glycolysis. To better understand the hypothermal acclimation response of th ...
- Ferver, Alison; Dridi, Sami
- Comparative biochemistry and physiology 2020 v.248 pp. 110747
- brown adipose tissue; energy; gene expression regulation; heat production; hormonal regulation; interleukin-6; leptin; mammals; messenger RNA; mitochondria; models; muscles; myoblasts; myocytes; peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha; peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma; quails; reactive oxygen species; transcription (genetics); tumor necrosis factor-alpha
- ... Uncoupling proteins (UCPs), members of the mitochondrial anion carrier family, play a pivotal role in thermogenesis, redox balance, reactive oxygen species and many other cellular processes. They were extensively studied in mammalian species and have been shown to be tightly regulated at transcriptional and translational levels by various environmental and hormonal factors. Such studies are very l ...