Jump to Main Content
- Vella, Chantal A.; Nelson, O. Lynne; Jansen, Heiko T.; Robbins, Charles T.; Jensen, Andrew E.; Constantinescu, Silvana; Abbott, Marcia J.; Turcotte, Lorraine P.
- Comparative biochemistry and physiology 2020 v.240 pp. 110591
- peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha, etc ; Ursus arctos; adipose tissue; blood serum; cortisol; energy; gene expression; genes; glucose transporters; glycerol; hibernation; messenger RNA; muscles; overeating; protein synthesis; skeletal muscle; triacylglycerols; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... The purpose of this study was to investigate changes in expression of known cellular regulators of metabolism during hyperphagia (Sept) and hibernation (Jan) in skeletal muscle and adipose tissue of brown bears and determine whether signaling molecules and transcription factors known to respond to changes in cellular energy state are involved in the regulation of these metabolic adaptations. Durin ...
- Ferver, Alison; Dridi, Sami
- Comparative biochemistry and physiology 2020 v.248 pp. 110747
- peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha; peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma, etc ; brown adipose tissue; energy; gene expression regulation; heat production; hormonal regulation; interleukin-6; leptin; mammals; messenger RNA; mitochondria; models; muscles; myoblasts; myocytes; quails; reactive oxygen species; transcription (genetics); tumor necrosis factor-alpha; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Uncoupling proteins (UCPs), members of the mitochondrial anion carrier family, play a pivotal role in thermogenesis, redox balance, reactive oxygen species and many other cellular processes. They were extensively studied in mammalian species and have been shown to be tightly regulated at transcriptional and translational levels by various environmental and hormonal factors. Such studies are very l ...