Jump to Main Content
- Sukthaworn, Suchitraporn; Panyim, Sakol; Udomkit, Apinunt
- Comparative biochemistry and physiology 2019 v.229 pp. 60-68
- Penaeus monodon; RNA; RNA interference; amino acids; animal ovaries; complementary DNA; insects; males; proteins; rapid amplification of cDNA ends; retrotransposons; shrimp; spermatogenesis; spermatophores; spermatozoa; testes; transposons
- ... Piwi proteins comprise a subfamily of Argonaute that plays a major role in germline development by association with a distinct class of small RNAs called Piwi interacting RNA (piRNA). Although the functions of Piwi in the development of germline cells as well as transposon regulation were reported in a number of mammalians and insects, developmental expression and function of Piwi subfamily in cru ...
- Liu, Wen; Guo, Shuang; Sun, Dan; Zhu, Li; Zhu, Fen; Lei, Chao-Liang; Sheng, Long; Phelps, Brian; Wang, Xiao-Ping
- Comparative biochemistry and physiology 2019 v.229 pp. 69-75
- Brassicaceae; Colaphellus bowringi; RNA interference; amino acids; complementary DNA; fat body; females; genes; hemolymph; insect pests; juvenile hormones; juveniles; messenger RNA; oogenesis; open reading frames; prediction; protein domains; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; vegetables; vitellogenin; Asia
- ... The vitellogenin receptor (VgR) is highly expressed in the ovaries where it is responsible for vitellogenin (Vg) deposition during oogenesis in insects. Therefore, identifying the VgR of insect pests, and understanding the mechanism regulating its expression, could lead to the development of pest management strategies based on disrupting reproduction. We cloned and identified VgR in the cabbage be ...