Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Yin; Cao, Xiaojuan; Gao, Jian
- Comparative biochemistry and physiology 2019 v.229 pp. 26-33
- Misgurnus anguillicaudatus; amino acids; brain; complementary DNA; dietary fat; fatty acid-binding proteins; fatty acids; fish; fish oils; fluorescence in situ hybridization; gene expression; hatching; intestinal mucosa; juveniles; molecular cloning; muscles; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; raw fish
- ... Fatty acid-binding protein 2 (FABP2) is involved in the uptake of dietary fatty acids and intracellular fatty acid transport. In the present study, cDNA of fabp2 in loach (Misgurnus anguillicaudatus) was cloned and its full length was 956 bp, encoding 134 amino acids. Gene expression of fabp2 was investigated in different development stages and different tissues of loach, showing that the expressi ...
- Liu, Wei; Zhang, Hong; Xiang, Yangxi; Jia, Kuntong; Luo, Mingfei; Yi, Meisheng
- Comparative biochemistry and physiology 2019 v.229 pp. 42-50
- Boleophthalmus; Oxyeleotris marmorata; adenosinetriphosphatase; amino acids; complementary DNA; developmental stages; embryogenesis; fish; fluorescence in situ hybridization; gametogenesis; mammals; messenger RNA; oocytes; oogonia; phylogeny; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; somatic cells; spermatids; spermatocytes; spermatogonia; testes; transcription (genetics)
- ... Identification of germ cell markers is important for investigating reproduction biology in fish. Vasa is one of the most studied germ cell markers in mammals and lower vertebrates including fish. Here, we characterized a vasa homologue from the fish marbled goby (Oxyeleotris marmorata), termed omvasa. The full length of omvasa cDNA is 2344 bp and encodes 658 amino acids, sharing high identities wi ...