Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Yin; Cao, Xiaojuan; Gao, Jian
- Comparative biochemistry and physiology 2019 v.229 pp. 26-33
- Misgurnus anguillicaudatus; amino acids; brain; complementary DNA; dietary fat; fatty acid-binding proteins; fatty acids; fish; fish oils; fluorescence in situ hybridization; gene expression; hatching; intestinal mucosa; juveniles; molecular cloning; muscles; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; raw fish
- ... Fatty acid-binding protein 2 (FABP2) is involved in the uptake of dietary fatty acids and intracellular fatty acid transport. In the present study, cDNA of fabp2 in loach (Misgurnus anguillicaudatus) was cloned and its full length was 956 bp, encoding 134 amino acids. Gene expression of fabp2 was investigated in different development stages and different tissues of loach, showing that the expressi ...
- Madureira, Tânia Vieira; Pinheiro, Ivone; Malhão, Fernanda; Castro, L. Filipe C.; Rocha, Eduardo; Urbatzka, Ralph
- Comparative biochemistry and physiology 2019 v.229 pp. 1-9
- RNA interference; Salmo trutta; acyl coenzyme A; agonists; enzymes; estrogens; fish; gene expression; genes; hepatocytes; humans; messenger RNA; models; peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha; peroxisomes
- ... The crosstalk between peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor α (PPARα) and estrogenic pathways are shared from fish to humans. Salmonid fish had an additional genome duplication, and two PPARα isoforms (PPARαBa and PPARαBb) were previously identified. Since a negative regulation between estrogen signaling and PPARα was described, a post-transcriptional gene silencing for PPARαBb was designed i ...