Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Wen; Guo, Shuang; Sun, Dan; Zhu, Li; Zhu, Fen; Lei, Chao-Liang; Sheng, Long; Phelps, Brian; Wang, Xiao-Ping
- Comparative biochemistry and physiology 2019 v.229 pp. 69-75
- Brassicaceae; Colaphellus bowringi; RNA interference; amino acids; complementary DNA; fat body; females; genes; hemolymph; insect pests; juvenile hormones; juveniles; messenger RNA; oogenesis; open reading frames; prediction; protein domains; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; vegetables; vitellogenin; Asia
- ... The vitellogenin receptor (VgR) is highly expressed in the ovaries where it is responsible for vitellogenin (Vg) deposition during oogenesis in insects. Therefore, identifying the VgR of insect pests, and understanding the mechanism regulating its expression, could lead to the development of pest management strategies based on disrupting reproduction. We cloned and identified VgR in the cabbage be ...
- Lei, Chao; Li, Junhui; Zheng, Zhe; Du, Xiaodong; Deng, Yuewen
- Comparative biochemistry and physiology 2019 v.229 pp. 34-41
- 5' untranslated regions; Pinctada fucata; amino acids; beta-carotene; breeding programs; chemical bonding; exons; ferredoxin hydrogenase; haplotypes; hepatopancreas; intestines; metabolism; molecular cloning; open reading frames; promoter regions; selection methods; single nucleotide polymorphism; tissues; vertebrates
- ... β-carotene-15,15-dioxygenase is an enzyme involved in carotenoid metabolism to catalyze oxidative cleavage of β-carotene at its central double bond to two molecules of retinal in intestinal cells of vertebrate. In this study, we cloned and characterized β-carotene-15,15-dioxygenase in pearl oyster Pinctada fucata martensii (PmβCDOX). The full length of PmβCDOX gene was 1802 bp, including 1554 bp o ...