Jump to Main Content
- Dong, Fan; Zhang, Nan; Xie, Zhijuan; Meng, Xiangkun; Qian, Kun; Ji, Caihong; Lu, Mingxing; Du, Yuzhou; Wang, Jianjun
- Comparative biochemistry and physiology 2019 v.229 pp. 51-57
- Escherichia coli; Frankliniella occidentalis; arginine; arginine kinase; complementary DNA; energy metabolism; enzyme activity; enzyme kinetics; exons; gene expression; genomics; insecticides; insects; introns; messenger RNA; nucleotides; open reading frames; prepupae; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; screening; sequence analysis
- ... Arginine kinase (AK) plays a critical role in insect energy metabolism and has been proposed to be a potential insecticide target for commercial exploitation. In this study, the full length cDNA encoding a typical group 1 insect AK (FoAK) was isolated from the western flower thrips (WFT), Frankliniella occidentalis (Pergande). Sequence analysis showed that FoAK contains an open reading frame of 10 ...
- Lei, Chao; Li, Junhui; Zheng, Zhe; Du, Xiaodong; Deng, Yuewen
- Comparative biochemistry and physiology 2019 v.229 pp. 34-41
- 5' untranslated regions; Pinctada fucata; amino acids; beta-carotene; breeding programs; chemical bonding; exons; ferredoxin hydrogenase; haplotypes; hepatopancreas; intestines; metabolism; molecular cloning; open reading frames; promoter regions; selection methods; single nucleotide polymorphism; tissues; vertebrates
- ... β-carotene-15,15-dioxygenase is an enzyme involved in carotenoid metabolism to catalyze oxidative cleavage of β-carotene at its central double bond to two molecules of retinal in intestinal cells of vertebrate. In this study, we cloned and characterized β-carotene-15,15-dioxygenase in pearl oyster Pinctada fucata martensii (PmβCDOX). The full length of PmβCDOX gene was 1802 bp, including 1554 bp o ...