Jump to Main Content
- Dong, Fan; Zhang, Nan; Xie, Zhijuan; Meng, Xiangkun; Qian, Kun; Ji, Caihong; Lu, Mingxing; Du, Yuzhou; Wang, Jianjun
- Comparative biochemistry and physiology 2019 v.229 pp. 51-57
- Escherichia coli; Frankliniella occidentalis; arginine; arginine kinase; complementary DNA; energy metabolism; enzyme activity; enzyme kinetics; exons; gene expression; genomics; insecticides; insects; introns; messenger RNA; nucleotides; open reading frames; prepupae; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; screening; sequence analysis
- ... Arginine kinase (AK) plays a critical role in insect energy metabolism and has been proposed to be a potential insecticide target for commercial exploitation. In this study, the full length cDNA encoding a typical group 1 insect AK (FoAK) was isolated from the western flower thrips (WFT), Frankliniella occidentalis (Pergande). Sequence analysis showed that FoAK contains an open reading frame of 10 ...
- Liu, Wen; Guo, Shuang; Sun, Dan; Zhu, Li; Zhu, Fen; Lei, Chao-Liang; Sheng, Long; Phelps, Brian; Wang, Xiao-Ping
- Comparative biochemistry and physiology 2019 v.229 pp. 69-75
- Brassicaceae; Colaphellus bowringi; RNA interference; amino acids; complementary DNA; fat body; females; genes; hemolymph; insect pests; juvenile hormones; juveniles; messenger RNA; oogenesis; open reading frames; prediction; protein domains; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; vegetables; vitellogenin; Asia
- ... The vitellogenin receptor (VgR) is highly expressed in the ovaries where it is responsible for vitellogenin (Vg) deposition during oogenesis in insects. Therefore, identifying the VgR of insect pests, and understanding the mechanism regulating its expression, could lead to the development of pest management strategies based on disrupting reproduction. We cloned and identified VgR in the cabbage be ...