Jump to Main Content
- Zikos, Aris; Seale, Andre P.; Lerner, Darren T.; Grau, E. Gordon; Korsmeyer, Keith E.
- Comparative biochemistry and physiology 2014 v.178 pp. 121-131
- peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors, etc ; Oreochromis mossambicus; biogenesis; correlation; cytochrome-c oxidase; fish; freshwater; gene expression; genes; gills; glycogen; glycogen (starch) synthase; metabolism; mitochondria; osmolality; osmoregulation; phosphorylase; principal component analysis; rearing; salinity; seawater; symporters; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... This study investigated the effects of two rearing salinities, and acute salinity transfer, on the energetic costs of osmoregulation and the expression of metabolic and osmoregulatory genes in the gill of Mozambique tilapia. Using automated, intermittent-flow respirometry, measured standard metabolic rates (SMRs) of tilapia reared in seawater (SW, 130mgO2kg−1h−1) were greater than those reared in ...
- Duan, Yujing; Fu, Wenyan; Wang, Song; Ni, Yingdong; Zhao, Ruqian
- Comparative biochemistry and physiology 2014 v.169 pp. 90-95
- peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors, etc ; Western blotting; adenosine diphosphate; adenosine triphosphate; adverse effects; breast muscle; broiler chickens; corticosterone; energy; gene expression; genes; glycogen; growth retardation; liver; messenger RNA; phenotype; phosphopyruvate hydratase; protein content; protein metabolism; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; signal transduction; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Tonic immobility (TI), which can be divided into short (STI) or long (LTI) duration, is a character related to fear. Our previous study has demonstrated LTI phenotype and chronic corticosterone (CORT) administration retarded growth of breast muscle in broiler chickens. In order to investigate the mechanism behind the negative effects of LTI and CORT on growth, the level of mRNA transcription of se ...