Jump to Main Content
- Pimentel, André C.; Fuzita, Felipe J.; Palmisano, Giuseppe; Ferreira, Clélia; Terra, Walter R.
- Comparative biochemistry and physiology 2017 v.204 pp. 45-52
- cathepsin D, etc ; Dysdercus peruvianus; ancestry; cathepsin L; cottonseed; diet; digestive enzymes; gene expression; genes; hydrolysis; ingestion; insects; midgut; pH; proteolysis; proteomics; sap; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Hemipteran ancestors probably lost their digestive serine peptidases on adapting to a plant sap diet. On returning to protein ingestion, these insects start using cathepsin (lysosomal) peptidases as digestive enzymes, from which the less known is cathepsin D. Nine of the ten cathepsin D transcribing genes found in Dysdercus peruvianus midgut are expressed exclusively in this tissue and only DpCatD ...
- Mohapatra, Sipra; Chakraborty, Tapas; Reza, Mohammad Ali Noman; Shimizu, Sonoko; Matsubara, Takahiro; Ohta, Kohei
- Comparative biochemistry and physiology 2017 v.206 pp. 42-53
- cathepsin D, etc ; Edwardsiella tarda; Pagrus major; apoptosis; fish; fluorescence; genes; glucose-6-phosphatase; glycogen; hepatosomatic index; hexokinase; homeostasis; immunohistochemistry; iron; liver; oxidative stress; peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors; placebos; refeeding; repletion; starvation; transcription (genetics); transferrin; ubiquitin; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Dietary regime modifications have been an integral part of health and healing practices throughout the animal kingdom. Thus, to assess the effects of periodic starvation and refeeding schedule on the physiological and immunological perturbations in Edwardsiella tarda infected red sea bream, we conducted a 20day experiment using 4 treatment groups, namely, pre-fed placebo (PFP); pre-starved placebo ...