Jump to Main Content
- Morrone, Fernanda Bueno, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Comparative biochemistry and physiology 2019 v.224 pp. 108572
- Danio rerio; adenosine; adenosine deaminase; adverse effects; embryo (animal); enzyme activity; gamma radiation; gene expression; hatching; heart rate; immune response; inflammation; irradiation; locomotion; metabolism; models; neoplasm progression; neoplasms; purinergic receptors; radiotherapy; toxicity
- ... Adenosine is a nucleoside that acts as a signaling molecule by activating P1 purinergic receptors (A1, A2A, A2B and A3). This activation is involved in immune responses, inflammation, and tissue remodeling and tumor progression. Gamma rays are a type of ionizing radiation widely adopted in radiotherapy of tumors. Although it brings benefits to the success of the therapeutic scheme, it can trigger ...
- Morrone, Fernanda Bueno, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Comparative biochemistry and physiology 2017 v.194 pp. 28-36
- Danio rerio; animals; behavior change; caffeine; copper; copper sulfate; gene expression; inflammation; interleukin-10; interleukin-6; larvae; purinergic receptors; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; survival rate; tumor necrosis factors
- ... This study investigated the effects of caffeine in the behavioral and inflammatory alterations caused by copper in zebrafish larvae, attempting to correlate these changes with the modulation of adenosine receptors. To perform a survival curve, 7dpf larvae were exposed to 10μM CuSO4, combined to different concentrations of caffeine (100μM, 500μM and 1mM) for up to 24h. The treatment with copper sho ...