Jump to Main Content
- Dutra, Valéria, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Comparative immunology, microbiology, and infectious diseases 2018 v.58 pp. 11-16
- Orthohepevirus A; pork; zoonoses; blood serum; hepatitis E; farms; phylogeny; feces; environmental factors; genotype; genomics; markets; swine; Brazil
- ... Hepatitis E is a zoonotic disease, recognized as an important global public health concern. In this study, molecular detection of the ORF1 and ORF2 genomic regions of the hepatitis E virus (HEV) was carried out in fecal and serum samples from pigs in subsistence farms of Mato Grosso, Brazil. Fragments of the ORF2 region were amplified in 8% (12/150) of fecal samples, with 53.3% (8/15) of farms hav ...
- Dutra, Valéria, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Comparative immunology, microbiology, and infectious diseases 2016 v.49 pp. 47-50
- Brucella melitensis biovar Canis; Ehrlichia canis; Neospora caninum; Toxoplasma gondii; females; pathogens; pregnancy; puppies; transplacental transmission
- ... Given the fact that numerous microbial species can be detected in pregnant female dogs, the objective of this study was to assess the transplacental transmission of Brucella canis, Ehrlichia canis, Neospora caninum and Toxoplasma gondii in stillborn puppies. This study involved 41 stillborn puppies, 78.6% of which were positive for T. gondii, 52.4% for N. caninum and 59.5% for B. canis. E. canis w ...