Jump to Main Content
- Luo, S.N., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Composites 2015 v.68 pp. 282-288
- carbon nanotubes; composite materials; deformation; epoxides; microstructure; probability; tensile strength
- ... We investigate dynamic fracture of three types of multiwalled carbon nanotube (MWCNT)/epoxy composites and neat epoxy under high strain-rate loading (105–106s⁻¹). The composites include randomly dispersed, 1wt%, functionalized and pristine CNT/epoxy composites, as well as laminated, ∼50wt% CNT buckypaper/epoxy composites. The pristine and functionalized CNT composites demonstrate spall strength an ...
- Luo, S.N., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Composites 2012 v.43 no.6 pp. 885-892
- X-radiation; bubbles; explosives; image analysis; microstructure
- ... The study of high performance composites such as plastic-bonded explosives under extreme conditions often requires innovative experimental techniques. Here, static synchrotron X-ray phase-contrast imaging (PCI) of simulated explosive materials has been performed at high speed in an effort to determine feasibility of imaging material response to dynamic, high-strain rate events (10²–10⁷s⁻¹). The mi ...