Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Caifeng, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Composites 2017 v.101 pp. 511-520
- carbon fibers; composite materials; diamines; epoxides; graphene oxide; moieties; polymers; shear strength; tensile strength; wettability
- ... It is widely accepted that the interfacial properties of carbon fiber (CF) reinforced composites tend to be weak due to the poor wettability and chemically inert surface of CF, which greatly limits the reinforcement effect of CF in composites. Here, size-controllable graphene oxide sheets (GO) were grafted on CF using Poly(oxypropylene) Diamines (D400) as the bridging agent to improve the interfac ...
- Wang, Caifeng, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Composites 2017 v.99 pp. 58-64
- adhesion; carbon fibers; chemical bonding; composite materials; diamines; epoxides; microstructure; roughness; shear strength; tensile strength; wettability
- ... We report on a green method of using poly(oxypropylene) diamines (D400) as coupling and curing agent to functionalize carbon fiber in water. We propose to enhance the interfacial properties of carbon fiber composites, together with the tensile strength of carbon fibers. The microstructure and mechanical properties of carbon fibers before and after modification are investigated. The results show th ...