Jump to Main Content
- Ciavatta, Claudio; Govi, Marco; Sequi, Paolo
- Compost science & utilization 1993 v.1 no.1 pp. 75-81
- carbon; composting; humification; isoelectric focusing; municipal solid waste; organic matter; winter; Italy
- ... Stabilization of the organic matter of a static pile of compost from municipal solid wastes (MSW) under a forced-pressure ventilation composting system was followed for 55 days during winter season. The materials were analyzed according to the official methodologies required by Italian regulations regarding the quality of composts from MSW. The stabilization process of the organic matter was monit ...
- Kashmanian, Richard M.; Spencer, Robert L.
- Compost science & utilization 1993 v.1 no.1 pp. 20-37
- MSW composts; compost quality; costs and returns; feedstocks; market prices; markets; mulches; municipal solid waste; United States
- ... As more composting facilities come on line across the United States, and a wider spectrum and greater quantity of organic materials are composted, the need to develop a variety of markets for their end products, i.e., compost or mulch, will become ever more critical to the future growth potential for composting and its success. It is often stated that high quality compost will always find a market ...