Jump to Main Content
- Li, Haiteng; Gidley, Michael J.; Dhital, Sushil
- Comprehensive reviews in food science and food safety 2019 v.18 no.2 pp. 362-379
- amylases; barley; chemical structure; corn; diet; digestive enzymes; food industry; food processing; foods; functional properties; heat treatment; nutritive value; potatoes; resistant starch; rice; wheat
- ... Although high‐amylose starches are not a recent innovation, their popularity in recent years has been increasing due to their unique functional properties and enhanced nutritional values in food applications. While high‐amylose maize, barley, and potato are commercially available, high‐amylose variants of other main crops such as wheat and rice have once been developed more recently and will be av ...
- Khan, Bilal Muhammad; Liu, Yang
- Comprehensive reviews in food science and food safety 2019 v.18 no.2 pp. 548-564
- adverse effects; antimicrobial properties; biodiversity; breeding; cooking; diet; digestive enzymes; food industry; functional foods; health promotion; immune response; molluscs; nutrients; nutritive value; secondary metabolites
- ... The extremely vast biodiversity represented by marine mollusks alongside their widespread utility as a source of food and their high nutritional value has aroused great interest from the scientific community. Furthermore, they can be caught with ease, and their commercial breeding and farming is rampant. This article comprehends the global availability of these organisms, their pretreatment and ha ...