Jump to Main Content
- Li, Haiteng; Gidley, Michael J.; Dhital, Sushil
- Comprehensive reviews in food science and food safety 2019 v.18 no.2 pp. 362-379
- amylases; barley; chemical structure; corn; diet; digestive enzymes; food industry; food processing; foods; functional properties; heat treatment; nutritive value; potatoes; resistant starch; rice; wheat
- ... Although high‐amylose starches are not a recent innovation, their popularity in recent years has been increasing due to their unique functional properties and enhanced nutritional values in food applications. While high‐amylose maize, barley, and potato are commercially available, high‐amylose variants of other main crops such as wheat and rice have once been developed more recently and will be av ...
- Esteki, M.; Regueiro, J.; Simal‐Gándara, J.
- Comprehensive reviews in food science and food safety 2019 v.18 no.2 pp. 425-440
- adulterated foods; climate change; food chain; food fraud; food industry; food processing; food safety; food supply chain; globalization; issues and policy; production technology; stakeholders
- ... Deliberate adulteration of food products is as old as food processing and production systems. Food adulteration is occurring increasingly often today. With globalization and complex distribution systems, adulteration may have a far‐reaching impact and even adverse consequences on well‐being. The means of the international community to confront and solve food fraud today are scattered and largely i ...