Jump to Main Content
- Landry, Walter; Barbot, Sylvain
- Computers & geosciences 2019 v.125 pp. 109-114
- computer software; computers; deformation; earthquakes; geophysics; hydrology; models; viscoelasticity; Nepal
- ... Deformation in the Earth displays many degrees of localization. The mechanics of faulting can be well represented by slip on a 2D surface discretized in piecewise linear boundary elements. Distributed anelastic deformation associated with fluid flow, magma transfer, or viscoelastic relaxation can be approximated by anelastic strain discretized in 3D volume elements. The stress, traction, and displ ...
- Heagy, Lindsey J.; Oldenburg, Douglas W.
- Computers & geosciences 2019 v.125 pp. 115-130
- carbon sequestration; computer software; computers; ecosystems; electrical conductivity; electromagnetic field; geophysical logging; geophysics; hydraulic fracturing; magnetic fields; models; monitoring; motivation; permeability; porous media; steel; surveys; wells
- ... Simulating direct current resistivity, frequency domain electromagnetics and time domain electromagnetics in settings where steel cased boreholes are present is of interest across a range of applications including well-logging, monitoring subsurface injections such as hydraulic fracturing or carbon capture and storage. In some surveys, well-casings have been used as “extended electrodes” for near ...