Jump to Main Content
- Schwaiger, Hans F.; Iezzi, Alexandra M.; Fee, David
- Computers & geosciences 2019 v.125 pp. 90-97
- altitude; computer software; computers; empirical models; monitoring; research projects; temperature; volcanic activity; weather forecasting; wind; Alaska
- ... To facilitate infrasound propagation studies, we present AVO-G2S, an open-source, Ground-to-Space model which provides temperature and wind specifications from the surface to an altitude of 225 km. This model provides a means of smoothly characterizing atmospheric conditions using multiple numerical weather prediction forecast and reanalysis products, along with upper-atmospheric empirical models. ...
- Heagy, Lindsey J.; Oldenburg, Douglas W.
- Computers & geosciences 2019 v.125 pp. 115-130
- carbon sequestration; computer software; computers; ecosystems; electrical conductivity; electromagnetic field; geophysical logging; geophysics; hydraulic fracturing; magnetic fields; models; monitoring; motivation; permeability; porous media; steel; surveys; wells
- ... Simulating direct current resistivity, frequency domain electromagnetics and time domain electromagnetics in settings where steel cased boreholes are present is of interest across a range of applications including well-logging, monitoring subsurface injections such as hydraulic fracturing or carbon capture and storage. In some surveys, well-casings have been used as “extended electrodes” for near ...