Jump to Main Content
- Malkoti, Ajay; Vedanti, Nimisha; Tiwari, Ram Krishna
- Computers & geosciences 2018 v.116 pp. 23-31
- algorithms; computer software; computers; equations; geophysics; image analysis; mathematical models
- ... Modern geophysical imaging techniques exploit the full wavefield information which can be simulated numerically. These numerical simulations are computationally expensive due to several factors, such as a large number of time steps and nodes, big size of the derivative stencil and huge model size. Besides these constraints, it is also important to reformulate the numerical derivative operator for ...
- Gurnis, Michael; Yang, Ting; Cannon, John; Turner, Mark; Williams, Simon; Flament, Nicolas; Müller, R. Dietmar
- Computers & geosciences 2018 v.116 pp. 32-41
- Cenozoic era; Mesozoic era; computer software; computers; deformation; models; porous media; tectonics; North America; South East Asia
- ... Traditional plate reconstruction methodologies do not allow for plate deformation to be considered. Here we present software to construct and visualize global tectonic reconstructions with deforming plates within the context of rigid plates. Both deforming and rigid plates are defined by continuously evolving polygons. The deforming regions are tessellated with triangular meshes such that either s ...