Jump to Main Content
- Belete, Getachew F.; Voinov, Alexey
- Computers & geosciences 2016 v.90 pp. 162-171
- Internet; computers; models
- ... When integrating independently built models, we may encounter components that describe the same processes or groups of processes using different assumptions and formalizations. The time stepping in component models can also be very different depending upon the temporal resolution chosen. Even if this time stepping is handled outside of the components (as assumed by good practice of component build ...
- Zhu, Liang-feng; Pan, Xin; Sun, Jian-zhong
- Computers & geosciences 2016 v.90 pp. 34-40
- Internet; computer software; computers; models
- ... Global crustal models, such as CRUST 5.1 and its descendants, are very useful in a broad range of geoscience applications. The current method for representing the existing global crustal models relies heavily on dedicated computer programs to read and work with those models. Therefore, it is not suited to visualize and disseminate global crustal information to non-geological users. This shortcomin ...