Jump to Main Content
- Zaza, Claudio; Bimonte, Sandro; Faccilongo, Nicola; La Sala, Piermichele; Contò, Francesco; Gallo, Crescenzio
- Computers and electronics in agriculture 2018 v.148 pp. 237-249
- Olea europaea; climatic factors; crops; decision support systems; farms; growing season; integrated pest management; models; olives; pests; phenology; plant protection; Italy
- ... Olive tree is one of the most important crop at global scale. Apulia is the first olive-producing region in Italy, with a huge amount of farms that generate Integrated Pest Management (IPM) data. IPM requires the simultaneous use of different crop protection techniques to control pests through an ecological and economic approach. The crop protection strategies are correlated to the climate conditi ...
- Navrozidis, I.; Alexandridis, T.K.; Dimitrakos, A.; Lagopodi, A.L.; Moshou, D.; Zalidis, G.
- Computers and electronics in agriculture 2018 v.148 pp. 322-329
- Asparagus officinalis; Landsat; Stemphylium vesicarium; crops; disease severity; fungal diseases of plants; fungi; fungicides; image analysis; leaves; models; plant protection; remote sensing; shoots; spectroscopy; spraying; wavelengths
- ... Purple spot caused by the fungus Stemphylium vesicarium is a disease that causes heavy damage in asparagus crops. It infects the leaves and stem and results in degradation of the quality in the harvested asparagus shoots, lowering their commercial value. Precautionary spraying with fungicides is practiced to prevent its appearance, posing a threat to consumers and the environment. The aim of this ...