Jump to Main Content
- Zaza, Claudio; Bimonte, Sandro; Faccilongo, Nicola; La Sala, Piermichele; Contò, Francesco; Gallo, Crescenzio
- Computers and electronics in agriculture 2018 v.148 pp. 237-249
- Olea europaea; climatic factors; crops; decision support systems; farms; growing season; integrated pest management; models; olives; pests; phenology; plant protection; Italy
- ... Olive tree is one of the most important crop at global scale. Apulia is the first olive-producing region in Italy, with a huge amount of farms that generate Integrated Pest Management (IPM) data. IPM requires the simultaneous use of different crop protection techniques to control pests through an ecological and economic approach. The crop protection strategies are correlated to the climate conditi ...
- Shine, P.; Scully, T.; Upton, J.; Murphy, M.D.
- Computers and electronics in agriculture 2018 v.148 pp. 337-346
- dairy cows; dairy farming; decision support systems; electric energy consumption; electricity; environmental factors; equipment; farmers; groundwater; issues and policy; milk; milk production; models; monitoring; pastures; prediction; regression analysis; standard deviation; washing; winter
- ... An analysis into the impact of milk production, stock numbers, infrastructural equipment, managerial procedures and environmental conditions on dairy farm electricity and water consumption using multiple linear regression (MLR) modelling was carried out. Electricity and water consumption data were attained through the utilisation of a remote monitoring system installed on a study sample of 58 past ...