Jump to Main Content
- Levavasseur, F.; Martin, P.; Bouty, C.; Barbottin, A.; Bretagnolle, V.; Thérond, O.; Scheurer, O.; Piskiewicz, N.
- Computers and electronics in agriculture 2016 v.127 pp. 541-552
- scientists, etc ; European Union; Helianthus annuus; agricultural subsidies; computer software; corn; crop rotation; databases; farm area; farm numbers; farmers; farms; geographic information systems; geometry; grasslands; land cover; models; rapeseed; stakeholders; watersheds; winter wheat; France; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... In the early 2000s a Land Parcel Identification System (LPIS) was set up by each member state of the European Union, to manage agricultural subsidies. These databases describe field geometry and landcover, and provide information on farm characteristics. LPIS data could therefore be used to describe agricultural landscape dynamics, but are seldom put to this purpose by scientists and local stakeho ...
- Tayyebi, Amin; Meehan, Timothy D.; Dischler, Jeffrey; Radloff, Gary; Ferris, Michael; Gratton, Claudio
- Computers and electronics in agriculture 2016 v.121 pp. 108-121
- scientists, etc ; Internet; agricultural land; climate change; computer software; decision support systems; ecosystem services; environmental models; experts; issues and policy; landscape ecology; landscapes; soil chemistry; stakeholders; water quality; Wisconsin; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Agricultural lands have experienced rapid changes during the last decade. In the absence of preventative crop change policies, these changes can affect multiple ecosystem services simultaneously. The objective of this paper is to describe a web-based spatial decision support system (SDSS), which we call the SmartScape™, that helps policymakers to evaluate the consequence of crop changes on various ...