Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Szu-Yu, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Computers and electronics in agriculture 2016 v.127 pp. 716-725
- Oryza sativa; color; image analysis; microscopy; rice; staple foods
- ... Rice (Oryza sativa L.) is a major staple food worldwide, and is traded extensively. The objective of this study is to distinguish the rice grains of 30 varieties nondestructively using image processing and sparse-representation-based classification (SRC). SRC uses over-complete bases to capture the representative traits of rice grains. In the experiments, rice grain images were acquired by microsc ...
- Chen, Szu-Yu, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Computers and electronics in agriculture 2016 v.121 pp. 404-411
- Fusarium fujikuroi; Oryza sativa; color; computer vision; conidia; cultivars; grain yield; inflorescences; pathogens; rice; scanners; seed-borne diseases; seedlings; seeds; support vector machines
- ... Bakanae disease, or “foolish seedling”, is a seed-borne disease of rice (Oryza sativa L.). Infected plants can yield empty panicles or perish, resulting in a loss of grain yield. The disease occurs most frequently when contaminated seeds are used. Once the seeds are contaminated, the pathogen Fusarium fujikuroi spreads in the field. Therefore, infected plants must be screened at early developmenta ...